Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Art Cases for Christmas

A last minute Christmas prezzie thought.......I was googling the other night and I found a free tutorial for these Art Cases and thought wow they would be great to make and add to my neice and nephews gifts........Well nearly a week later they are finished and I think I could of done a whole lot better on them but as I am running out of time I was really rushing!!!!!!!
Firstly, I didn't have pre-quilted fabric, so I quilted some fabric myself, that is what took so long.....If I had the pre-quilted fabric they would of been so quick!!!!!!! If and that is a big if I was to make some more and quilt the fabric myself I think I would quilt the fabric and then cut out all the bits for the art case, not cut out and quilt all the bits.....It took too long and then my art case came out smaller than it should of too.........
Both Art Cases closed.
The sides look like they are crooked but I asure you they aren't it is just the pic, or the way they are sitting as they don't look like that really, well at least I hope they are straight LOL!!!


Both opened.
Hope they like them and use them.........I have noticed lately that when we go out they like to take a book and pencils to colour in when bored so hopefully they will take these out instead....
I might have to make another by the looks as AJ has taken off with the car one.............


1 comments:

Unknown said...

They look great! I probably wouldn't have bothered to quilt the handles (lazy) LOL that you DO have to make another one now for AJ :)

Post a Comment