Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Quilt-a-long....Panel Quilt-Step 1 Completed!!! YAH!!!

As some of you might remember I put a call out for help to do my first quilt, and the lovely AJ put her hand up to help me. Even though she is super busy with her own sewing and her new bub (by the way he is super gorgeous too, check out her blog so many cute pics on there!!!!) she is puting up step by step instructions on her blog for me to follow!!!!!!!!!

So here is step 1 all completed!!! Yah for me!!!!!
So I started with this panel and fabric.
Then I also purchase some more fabric to match.
So step 1 I took of the green border (as the panel was a tad too small) and couldn't get green to match so went with a yellow border, I am happy with the yellow makes it nice and bright!!!!!!!!
Then added the brown stip top and bottom.........Step 1 complete......

It took me a while to pluck up the courage to actually start it as I didn't want to ruin the fabrics, but when I actually started it I was sewing so slow to get it straight and working up a sweat too.....Because as you can see where the yellow border is there is a thin black border I wanted to keep the black border between the panel and yellow (why you ask??? I really don't know just wanted too LOL!!!!!) so as it was so thin it was really hard to sew to get it on the edge of the black.....
Anyway stay tuned for step 2, I have started it but it is a little harder and time consuming so hopefully soon.............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking good em

Mel said...

*YEH* Em, you are doing beautifully!

Post a Comment